5/18/2007

Long Time No See

Sope, back from Sri Lanka finally. After some very mixed last two month, I was happy to quit my job and have some free time before going to University again... yes, I am very happy actually to be back in the 'ivory-tower', spending some time on actual conceptual thinking - something I have pretty much missed during the last year. I mean, doing this job in Finance/Adminstration was challenging and indeed needed some conceptual thinking on how to set-up, manage and improve our financial control and HR administration. However, conceptual thinking in the above sense refers more to general program strategies and their evaluation - something, which just did not really exist, in the sense of a dialectic process between all people involved. Shame on them!! I mean really, there is so much added value to a sensible process, not only to actually create programme strategies, but also to get the people together, and let them feel a common, shared approach on their daily work and efforts.

No comments: